You can advance your knowledge and experience by following a new, higher level ILM endorsed programme. Join a comprehensive action learning progression session with other trained action learning facilitators for a day.
What will you gain?
You will achieve our highest level of endorsed programmes in action learning. You will enhance your understanding, embed your learning and further your experience through working and learning alongside other practitioners on this CPD recognised and ILM endorsed day.
What to expect
The day-long programme combines hands-on practical sessions with a deeper learning of different action learning models and you will be sharing experiences with other practitioners:
- You’ll distinguish yourself from other facilitators by gaining a recognised CPD qualification endorsed by ILM
- You’ll share best practice and challenges in practising action learning within your organisation or as a freelance, and integrating it into your own learning and development interventions
- You’ll create a network of facilitators working in different sectors on the open programme
- We’ll explore the range of action learning models available, and you will have the opportunity to practise and experience a different model with other facilitators
- Participants will share different applications of action learning: to achieve individual learning, skills development, organisational change, sector wide or social change or something entirely different that you bring to the day
- We’ll explore ways of promoting action learning to increase uptake and involvement if you work as a freelance practitioner, and to further embed the practice in your workplace if you are employed
- Throughout the day you will receive support from Action Learning Associates to help you achieve your goals
This was an excellent course and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to develop their practitioner skills.
Action learning co-ordinator, Cornwall Voluntary Sector Forum
This course also supports the introduction of action learning to your organisation for in-house programmes – designing the best applications for project delivery, for leadership, team cohesion and for broader organisational development.
Virtual participation is an increasingly popular option for overseas participants and those who have time or budget restraints. It’s a cost effective way to take part and cuts out the need to travel.
What is involved?
The key element of this process is to produce a personal Reflective Learning Log. This will involve adding to the Learning Log that you produced during your action learning facilitator training. It will include elements on how to apply your learning in practice. Many action learning facilitators have found this process extremely useful in their development as a reflective practitioner.
You may find this article useful, it explains what your action learning log could look like, and the options you have to produce a log that works for you.
Keeping the log has been great because all that learning from the three days is captured here and I have realised that there is an undercurrent running through everything I do. Doing this has increased my capacity to hold the space for people.”
Helen Battersby, Good to Great Coaching