Stephen Moss has over 30+ years consulting experience working with clients across a range of sectors on strategic change, leadership and performance improvement projects. As an organisation development specialist he brings a focus on business outcomes, a strong background in applied psychology and experience of working on both strategy and nitty-gritty operations. Combining development and team building with focus on complex, real work issues has been a common theme in his work.
Stephen has adopted action learning and action research methods since the 1980’s, often incorporating action learning with corporate wide leadership, quality and service improvement programmes. He applies these ‘inquiry’ based approaches consistently in his work with clients. His early in-depth training (including Tavistock Clinic) in group work provides a sound basis for working in group and team settings developmentally, ensuring that individuals have a safe setting to develop insights, learn and perform whilst working and learning with others.
Stephen has extensive experience within financial and public services sectors, as well voluntary sector. Stephen has a significant track record in leadership development, applying business-focused action learning within public and private sectors. Action learning is a feature is a feature of most development programmes he runs – sometimes the classic method, often combined with a group business challenge.
Stephen has worked at executive level for private companies, central and local government in support of strategic planning and business change. He has expertise in organisation design and development, working with leaders to develop vision and approaches to strategy implementation, change programme design and implementation, stakeholder engagement, leadership development and collaboration approaches to complex change.
Clients include: Somerset CC, The Public Services Transformation Academy where he has led 8 commissioning and transformation academy programmes, Essex Partnership, LB Newham, NHS, Human Rights Foundation, Aviva, Lloyds TSB / LBG, Aon, BUPA, Deutsche Bank, Prudential, Cadbury Schweppes, Inland Revenue, DTI, Medical Research Council, Benefits Agency.
- Community of Learning Practice and Innovation 2012 (CoLPI12) – Organisation Constellations Training with Judith Hemming and the Nowhere Foundation
- Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM)approved trainer for the Professional Development Programme in Action Learning Facilitation (2011)
- Certified Management Consultant (1994)
- Foundation, Institute of Group Analysis (1990)
- Tavistock Clinic Advanced Course in Consultation with Individuals and Organisations (1987)
- Certificate of Qualification in Social Work (1980)
- MA Applied Social Studies, Warwick University (1980)
- BA Hons Experimental Psychology, University of Oxford (1978)