Sam Anderson is a highly motivated, experienced and facilitative leader and coach with a proven track record of enabling individual development and pioneering, award winning services in challenging environments. Sam has extensive strategic, board, community and business experience having worked for 30 years in the voluntary sector alongside the public and private sectors.
Her model is integrative, being led by the needs of the individual or group she is working with, whilst being grounded in her training. She has extensive experience and deep commitment to relational development work in realising the full potential of people and organisations.
Action learning facilitation
Sam has experience of working with Foundations and learning organisations to develop, facilitate and evaluate a range of Action Learning Sets and complimentary processes.
This includes involvement in the Rank Foundation Catalyst pilot programme – working with grantee organisations over a year, supporting the evolution of the subsequent grant programme. Sam has also been an action learning set facilitator for the Rank Foundation Time to Shine leadership programme as well as the Profit for Good programme where she designed, facilitated and evaluated a year long ALS process supporting charities developing income generation initiatives.
Sam has conducted action learning facilitation with The Junction – Young People, Health and Wellbeing, working with a series of sets of communities with an interest in developing assets based, preventative services.
Sam has worked as co-designer and facilitator of ‘Peer Works – Embracing the Movement for Collaborative Working and Distributed Power’, and ‘Having Good Conversations in Difficult Situations’, a programme for the Healthcare Management Trust. She has also worked as a programme designer for The King’s Fund and NHS Lothian.
- Diploma with Merit and BA in Community Education
- PGCE with Merit in Leadership for Alcohol & Drugs Services
- Specialist Fellowship with Clore Social Leadership Programme
- Kings Fund Top Managers Programme
- Who Do You Choose To Be? Facing Reality/Claiming Leadership/Restoring Sanity – Margaret Wheatley, Berkana Institute
- Advanced Trauma Informed Toolkit
- Action Learning Set, Coaching and Facilitation Credentials
- Action Learning Facilitation – Institute for Leadership and Management
- Executive Coaching & Mentoring, Level 7 – Institute for Leadership and Management
- Embodying Dialogue Practices – Originate
- Whole Person Facilitating- Oasis School of Human Relations
- Complex Systems Facilitation- Collective Leadership, Scottish Government
- Acorn Principle Plus Certificate in Coaching Practice
- Cascading Leadership – Kings Fund
- Member of the Association for Coaching
- Member of Mindfulness Association
Sam is Co-Chair of the Social Action Inquiry for Scotland, a Specialist Fellow of the Clore Social Leadership Programme, a TMP Alumni of the Kings Fund along with being a member of the Association for Coaching and the Mindfulness Association.