CIPD ( the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development) produces a fact sheet on action learning which:
- looks at what action learning is and how learning takes place
- indicates where action learning may be used
- examines how action learning set meetings operate
- considers how to ensure that action learning works well
- includes the CIPD viewpoint on action learning
The CIPD factsheet includes useful case studies and a link to the CIPD Learning & Development Survey for 2009. CIPD concludes that experiential and social learning of this sort has value for both individuals and organisations in increasing the capacity to carry out a wider range of real work more effectively and increasing the capacity to learn.
You can link to the factsheet here.