With over 20 years experience working in the field of organisation development, capacity-building, learning and change, Liz has worked with a wide range of organisations primarily in the international development and UK voluntary and public sector. Presently working as an independent organisation consultant and facilitator based in Oxford, Liz is also an associate with the Environment Council.
Action learning facilitation
Liz is committed to supporting spaces for practitioners to reflect and learn from their practice and this is reflected in her seven years experience of action learning facilitation work and training of ALS facilitators. Through her Organisation Development work, Liz also aims to work with the wider organisational conditions that support learning and change, paying attention to the quality of conversation, relationships, participation and the handling of difference. Seeing ‘change’ as ongoing Liz, seeks to explore with clients where things get ‘stuck’, as well as supporting ‘what works’.
Other work experience
Liz is acting co-Director of The Development School which runs Masters level programmes for leaders of foundations and grant-making bodies in Central and Eastern Europe, a trustee of an international disability NGO and is actively involved in climate change awareness work locally. She has a background of working in community development and adult education in Sierra Leone and inner-city London and worked as a senior consultant/trainer with the International NGO Training and Research Centre (INTRAC) for seven years.
Current and recent clients
Amnesty International Secretariat, DEFRA, OXFAM UK, BOND, The Environment Council, HelpAge International, OFSTED, World Vision UK, Sida (Swedish govt), DFID, World Council of Churches, Institute of Development Studies and University of Sussex.
Skills and competences
- Facilitation and process consultancy skills
- Understanding and experience of facilitating/accompanying long-term
- Organisation Development and change consultancies
- Facilitation of small and large group participatory processes
- Working with senior leadership teams and Boards (strategy and relationships)
- Design and facilitation of long-term learning programmes (e.g. learning and evaluation, Masters programme in reflective practice, OD consultancy skills) and shorter-term workshops (e.g. introduction to action learning/action learning facilitation, organisational learning, capacity-building and creativity).
- Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) approved trainer for the Professional Development Programme in Action Learning Facilitation (2008)
- MSc Organisation Consulting, Ashridge Business School (2007)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Development, South Bank Uni (1994)
- BA (Hons) in Development Studies, University of East Anglia (1985)
- Accredited Consultant/Trainer in Human Relations Training (based on Tavistock model), Scheme for Professional Development, Church of England